Wednesday, July 20, 2011

13 GRAVES!

   
Going through old files I came across these drawings I did during production of a friend of mine's pilot.  Five years ago, Joel Wyman of THE MEXICAN and more recently FRINGE fame, wrote and sold a pilot for FOX entitled 13 GRAVES.  The series was to follow a disparate band of treasure hunters as they pursued the legenary "13 graves" where Conquistador Francisco Pizzarro had buried his fortunes in stolen Inca gold. 

I had written for Joel's previous series KEEN EDDIE and though only the 13G pilot had been sold, Fox wanted additional scripts and Joel asked me aboard to assist in writing those.  13G never went to series but the pilot turned out great.  Shot in LA, Miami and Bulgaria (!) it had an amazing cast: Matthew Lillard (THE DESCENDENTS, SLC PUNK, SCOOBY DOO) Robert Forster(THE DESCENDENTS, JACKIE BROWN), Norman Reedus (THE WALKING DEAD), Billy Drago (UNTOUCHABLES, lower right) and star-to-be Eric Stonestreet (upper right) now stealing scenes in ABC's MODERN FAMILY. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there any way we could see the pilot? It seems to have disappeared and there's a huge audience that wants to see it!

katytkdgirl said...

If you have any leads on how or where to find the pilot a bunch of people would appreciate it! Posted that first comment without any contact info sorry!

Jan Soldat said...

Hello, I am looking for the film "13 graves" with him.Can you help me to find?I watch all films with Udo Kier, but "13 Graves" I cannot find. best from Vienna,Jan (info@jansoldat.com)