Thursday, January 5, 2012

T.U.F GUYS OF THE EIGHTIES

Years ago,(as lots of the postings on this blog begin) I gave my brother Jonathan a 4x6' piece of foamcore with a one-of-a-kind comic strip drawn in rapidograph and colored with Pantene markers. 

I pre-drew the panels, all of equal size and started filling them in, making up the story as I drew it, hoping against hope it would wrap up by the end of the panels.  Shown here are some of the panels, featuring the ensemble of characters, including a panel of them filling up the gas tank of their jeep -- padding in the event I came up short.  

As it turned out I didn't -- as shown by the rush to tie everything up in the last few panels of the big board.  This strip still hangs (leans) on prominent display in Jonathan's laundry room.  Funny how much the border marker faded so much over the years.  Grimaces over the typos.













No comments: