Wednesday, September 5, 2012

KICKING BUTTS AND TAKING FAME

On the TV show WEIRD SCIENCE big brother Chett (Lee Tergesen (HOMICIDE, and the upcoming RED WIDOW) was inspired to set aside his bullying ways and become a masked crime fighter.  The writers came up with various monikers, one of which was BUTT KICKER -- years before the comic or movie KICK ASS ever saw print or screen. Dunno what we finally agreed on but these were  some insignias I did for Butt Kicker. 
 
Personally, I prefer the anthropomorphized letters... more along the lines of Superman's 'S'. 

1 comment:

Jaime J. Weinman said...

I happened to see that again recently... the logo they chose did seem more generic.

I know the show was nobody's most complex or substantial work but I always wind up liking it when I see it. I don't know what it is exactly, but there aren't a lot of post-'60s high-concept fantasy comedies that work, and I thought this one did. Especially Tergesen's stuff.